Nothing screams summer like an all white outfit. Apart from the fact that it is inherently difficult to maintain (you better stay away from that glass of red you were eyeing on the menu), it’s a bold, yet exceptionally graceful trend with an understated vibe that can tie in exceptionally neatly with the current Normcore trend if you play your cards right, i.e. if you opt for cotton garments instead of lace, for example. However, pulling off an all-white ensemble can be a little tricky. You don’t want to end up looking like you’re wearing bed sheets, do you? Here are a few pointers on how to turn yourself into a breath of fresh air…
1. Texture, texture, texture. When opting for an entire outfit in any one colour – whether black or white – you need to mix things up by combining different fabrics, or else you might end up looking rather flat. Think lace, jacquard, cotton leather, sheer panelling…
2. Wear your whites as they come. Don’t be afraid to mix different shades…the colour match doesn’t have to be perfect.
3. Layer up. Play with different shapes and lengths to introduce some dimension. Think asymmetric skirt with boxy crop to and a boyfriend blazer.
4. Don’t go overboard with the jewellery. Opt for delicate pieces in silver instead. These will complement your outfit perfectly, without breaking up the all white look too much.
5. Stay true to your style. If you prefer it edgy, don’t suddenly think you need to wear that girly dress with the lace trim. Start off with a skort instead, and pair it with a slouchy T-shirt, biker jacket and a pair of cut-out boots.
I would love to see your all white outfits. Post them below or tag me in your Twitter (@What_Defines_Us) or Instagram (@whatdefinesjasmin) pictures, so I won’t miss them.
Have a lovely Saturday,
P.s.: I realise I’m not wearing all white, but it’s the thought that counts, right? 😉
TOP – Zara
TROUSERS – Zara (similar here)
BLAZER – Zara
CLUTCH – BCBGMAXAZRIA