I cannot wait to finally ditch my black winter boots and throw on much lighter, and more colourful footwear. Now my spring picks may not look too vibrant (I will never get tired of black), but come summer, I will definitely go bolder and add a few pairs of sandals in all sorts of pastel shades and slip on kicks in various animal prints to my collection. Until then, the black will stay and be complemented by silver hardwear and fifty shades of baby blue.
1. Miu Miu Slip On Skaters: Gracing the feet of my favourite fashion bloggers, these pointy Miu Miu beauts have been flooding my instagram feed and making an appearance in more than one day dream of mine. They look extremely comfortable, and I swear I’d be ready to conquer the world if they were mine, and mine alone. Oh sole Miu….
2. Zara Moccasins: I discovered these edgy leather moccasins with studded fringes, like so many of my other shoe loves, on instagram, on Danielle’s account called @weworewhat to be exact. She has by far the best taste in footwear. Mostly flats, always a little edgy and very androgynous..exactly my cup of tea. If you swing the same way, then I suggest you follow her instagram and blog for fantastic shoe inspiration.
3. Zara Moccasins: Yet another pair of black Zara moccasins. They are a bit more angular in shape, miss the fringes and the studs are complemented by chains, yet they are just as drool-worthy as the previous number and a true winner in my books. Pair them with a tight pair of faux leather pants and a studded biker jacket for a truly edgy look, or give them a sophisticated and fresh twist with a pair of cigarette trousers in pastel hues combined with a structured crop top and blazer.
4. Zara Flats: And my love for Zara’s current footwear continues. When nothing else excites me, I can always trust Zara to get me back in the shopping saddle with a dreamy pair of flats. I can imagine these working exceptionally well with all my mini skirts. Given the flat nature of these shoes, they are extremely practical and versaitle, yet elegant and the perfect addition to any girly outfit.
5. Zara Court Shoes: I may not be the biggest fan of heels (a little weird considering my height), but these baby blue court shoes are just so damn cute. I’m not sure how they would tie into my current wardrobe, but considering my growing obsession with all things pastel, I’m sure I’ll figure something out just in time for the warmer months.
6. Nike Wedge Sneakers: While the classic Isabel Marant wedge sneakers fail to excite me, my love for everything Nike and gold come together to form some sort of weird appreciation for these bad boys. Who am I kidding? I absolutely LOVE THEM. But would I be able to pull them off? I’m still undecided.
7. Nike Air Max: While I’d still be contemplating the wearability of the above, I’d already have purchased these cute, completely reasonable baby blue Nike trainers. They’re not only perfect for the gym, but similar to the trainers worn in Chanel’s SS’14 Haute Couture show earlier this year. Karl Lagerfeld must have sensed my dislike for heels when putting the show together. At least this year, I’ll be short in style.
8. Topshop Slip On Skaters: And last but not least a worthy alternative to the Miu Miu’s above. A friend of mine was wearing these the other day, and they looked so cute on her, I knew I needed them in my life as well. I could see myself combining them with literally all of my trouser and jeans – whether boyfriend, skinny or cigarette – and thanks to the fur, they’re not just plain black, but introduce some subtle texture to any outfit. Yet another spring trend from the catwalk sorted.
Which pair is your favourite?