Today, I wanna give you the opportunity to get to know me a little better. I always try to fill my personal style posts with little anecdotes from my life, and let you in on some of my thoughts on certain fashion and fitness related topics, but I always find that the most random facts about a person are usually the most interesting and telling. A few months back I already filmed a video with 25 random facts about me, but as I’m such an eclectic person *cough*, I decided to provide you with a little top-up. So here they are…20 random facts about me:
1. My phone is ALWAYS on mute – day and night. Yet, I hardly ever miss a call.
2. I’m the biggest morning person. My alarm goes off at 6:11 am every morning (except weekends) and by 6:25 am I’m usually out of bed.
3. I’m a pescetarian. I’d much rather be a vegan, but sushi, pancakes and cheese are my biggest weaknesses.
4. I have a Master’s degree from the London School of Economics…good old uni times…
5. I was the biggest science geek (mostly Chemistry and Biology) in school, but don’t know sh** about Geography or History.
6. My favourite TV show of all times is Sex and the City, and my motto? What would Carrie do?
7. My zodiac sign is Capricorn. I was supposed to be born on Christmas Eve, but decided to wait just a few days longer before I made my way into this world.
8. I’m a makeup and skincare snob. I can’t help but love expensive beauty products. About 90% of all my skincare and makeup is high end, and most of my skin-, hair-, and bodycare products are natural and organic, but I don’t actually believe that more expensive products are necessarily better.
9. I once tested whether I had an unconscious preference for a certain sexual orientation, and it turns out that I moderately prefer gay people to straight people despite being straight myself. (if you haven’t heard of this, go check out Project Implicit by Harvard University. It allows you to assess your unconscious preferences for over 90 topics).
10. I know hardly any famous people…probably because I hardly ever watch TV.
11. I’m extremely sensitive about my age, and don’t like telling people how old I am. I look and feel younger than I actually am.
12. I don’t like Twitter. I much rather express my thoughts and feelings through pictures on Instagram.
13. When I was eleven years old I was an extra in a music video by German band Fury in the Slaughterhouse.
14. I’m currently reading my way through the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer.
15. My laugh is seriously contagious and usually quite loud.
16. I’m a bit of a goofball and love laughing about myself. During an English lesson in year 8 I had to sneeze so loudly that everyone, including the teacher and me, started laughing. But while everyone else managed to calm down eventually, I just couldn’t and continued laughing like an idiot until the teacher threatened to throw me out….just thinking about it makes me laugh again..hahaha..things like that happen to me ALL the time though.
17. I’ve become extremely emotional since my 5 year old twin brothers were born, and I literally can’t watch ANY TV show, movie or the news without crying (of joy or sadness). Children have the superpower to unlock parts of your heart you never knew existed…
18. I’ve been inside an actual pyramid in Egypt…it was an incredible experience.
20. I don’t leave the house without painted toe nails (even in winter).
Now it’s your turn to tell me a random fact about yourself